Forum République tchèque
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Forum République tchèque

Bien voyager en République tchèque : adresses, sites, hôtels, auberges...Des conseils pratiques pour profiter à 100% de son séjour...

AccueilAccueil  RechercherRechercher  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
-28%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Précommande : Smartphone Google Pixel 8a 5G Double Sim 128Go ...
389 € 539 €
Voir le deal

Emptying/flushing fuel tank?!

AuteurMessage
martin2020
membre méga-génial
membre méga-génial

Emptying/flushing fuel tank?! Empty
MessageSujet: Emptying/flushing fuel tank?!   Emptying/flushing fuel tank?! EmptyJeu 14 Avr 2011 - 15:51

Yup, I put DIESEL in the bike!!!!!!!!!!!!............how the hell did I manage that?! Now that was stupid! Surprised
The only lame excuse I can come up with is that I've not been able to ride for 5 weeks and we have a diesel car.
Fortunately this was realised quickly and I haven't started the bike so at least I've not got to strip and clean fuel injectors and oiled plugs...

BUT how do I clean out the tank?! (7 litres of diesel + whatever petrol was left in there, computer was showing 10 miles to empty)
Easy to remove the whole tank but even tipping upside down will not empty it completely because of the way the fuel filler neck is inset. Too difficult to strip the tank (remove filler neck assembly or fuel pump panel etc) and I can't see me getting it anywhere near empty by syphoning.

Villas Greece|Villa Greece

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Emptying/flushing fuel tank?!
Page 1 sur 1